Financial Data Collection Analyst
Location: Based in Singapore
EDHEC Singapore Infrastructure Investment Institute, Singapore
About EDHEC Business School
EDHEC Business School, one of Europe’s leading business schools and a member of the select group of institutions worldwide to have earned all three international academic accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA). Since 2001, EDHEC Business School has been pursuing an ambitious policy in terms of international research. This policy, known as “Research for Business”, aims to make EDHEC an academic institution of reference for the industry in a small number of areas in which the school has reached critical mass in terms of expertise and research results.
About the EDHEC Singapore Infrastructure Investment Institute
The creation of the EDHEC Singapore Infrastructure Investment Institute springs from the past 4 years of research on infrastructure investment at EDHEC-Risk Institute and the continuous support of the Monetary Authority of Singapore in supporting cutting hedge research that can bring new and valuable knowledge to institutional investors, asset managers and regulators. Based in Singapore, EDHEC infra aims to create a global repository of financial knowledge and investment benchmarks about infrastructure equity and debt investment, with a focus on delivering applied research in finance for investors in infrastructure. We aim to deliver the best available estimates of financial performance and risks of reference portfolios of privately held infrastructure investments, and thus provide investors with important insights about their strategic asset allocation choices to infrastructure, as well as support the adequate calibration of the relevant prudential frameworks. EDHEC infra benefits from unparalleled access to the financial data of infrastructure projects and firms, especially private data, that is either unavailable to market participants or too cumbersome and difficult to collect and aggregate. We also bring advanced asset pricing and risk measurement technology designed to answer investors’ information needs about long-term investment in privately held infrastructure, from asset allocation to prudential regulation and performance attribution and monitoring.
EDHEC Singapore Infrastructure Investment Institute, part of EDHEC Business School is looking for an analyst to help develop a database of infrastructure project financial statements under the supervision of the Institute’s Head of Data Collection (ACCA).
This is an opportunity for candidate with a foundational understanding of accounting, finance or economics majors to foster an in-depth knowledge in infrastructure projects and private equity companies, along with the financial frameworks that underlie them. Starting with the scrutiny and input of financial statements, this role entails conducting research and analysis on infrastructure projects and private equity companies, with a specific focus on gathering and maintaining financial data within a database encompassing unlisted infrastructure, private equity assets, and climate-related information.
- A preferred qualification is a Bachelor's degree or higher, with a major in accounting, finance, or economics;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is a fundamental requirement for this role;
- While not mandatory, a professional background of 1-2 years is preferred;
- An understanding of financial accounts is desirable and willing to spend time reading detailed project documentation to extract the relevant information and populate a data file;
- Detail oriented with a willingness to learn; Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure, ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills to foster productive collaboration with diverse internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate proactive initiative, consistently delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in a European language would be advantageous.
This is a full-time, on-going position.
Remuneration is competitive and includes a bonus for meeting performance objectives.
Attractive salary and bonus, healthcare and pension plan coverage.
The salary will be determined according to EDHEC's pay scale, the candidate's qualifications and experience.
To apply for this offer, please send a CV and a cover letter.
To know more about EDHECinfra: https://edhec.infrastructure.institute/mission