Rania Labaki, Director of the EDHEC Family Business Center will be participating in the workshop "Supporting business transfers in Europe's regions and cities" as part of the European Week of Regions and Cities to be held from the 9th of October to the 12th in Brussels.
Purpose of the workshop :
"It is estimated that 450.000 businesses are transferred to new owners in Europe every year. Successfully transferred companies have a high potential to survive thanks to an existing network of contacts, customers and suppliers, and to drive productivity through higher innovation and skills. But a substantial share of transfers fails, resulting in job destruction and damage to local economy.
In order to improve business succession rates it is necessary to ensure information and support mechanisms are available and individuals are trained and mentored to successfully complete the succession. The workshop will discuss different schemes and instruments implemented by EER regions and other territories, as well as the different issues relevant to this policy area. It will allow regional and local authorities to obtain information about existing initiatives and instruments in support of business transfers and exchange good practices in this field. "
This event and its workshops, debates and networking activities are addressed to:
- members of the European Committee of the Regions, members of the European Parliament and national, regional and local politicians;
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- representatives of private companies, financial institutions and European and national associations;
- journalists from European, national, regional and local media outlets;
- researchers, PhD or masters students and practitioners in the field of European regional and urban policy.