Lionel Martellini speaking at the French Embassy in London
Lionel Martellini, Professor of Finance, EDHEC Business School and Director, EDHEC-Risk Institute, has been invited to speak on the theme "Three Examples of Successful Research Programs, Conducted with Leading Asset Managers" at the French Embassy in London at a conference on the topic “Paris, a Leading European Research Center in Asset Management”, organised by AFG - Association Française de la Gestion financière, on 29 May, 2018.
Lionel Martellini, PhD, is Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute. He is a former member of the faculty at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, and has also taught at U.C. Berkeley and at Princeton University, where he has been a visiting fellow at the Operations Research and Financial Engineering department. Professor Martellini holds Master’s Degrees in Management (ESCP Europe), Economics (ENSAE), Mathematics (Paris 6 University) and Statistics (Paris 6 University), as well as a PhD in Finance from the Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley. Outside of his activities in finance, he recently completed a PhD in Relativistic Astrophysics (University Côte d'Azur) and has become a member of the LIGO/Virgo international collaboration for the observation of gravitational waves. He has served as a consultant for large institutional investors, investments banks and asset management firms on a number of questions related to risk and asset allocation decisions, and is a regular speaker in seminars and conferences on these subjects.
The programme was as follows:
- 6:30 PM – Introduction by His Excellency, Mr Jean-Pierre Jouyet, Ambassador of France to the United Kingdom: “Paris, Leading financial Center of the EU27”
- 6:40 – 1st roundtable – A Vibrant Environment to Locate Research Teams – Moderator Jean-Louis Laurens
– Research Tax breaks – Mrs Delphine Charles-Peronne, AFG – Crédit Impôt Recherche & Sponsorships
– Several Academic Institutions with dedicated AM Research Programs (EDHEC-Risk Institute, Dauphine, HEC, Polytechnique, ENSAE, …) – Mr Elyès Jouini, Dauphine University
– Large Pool of Talents – Facts & figures – Mr Jean-Louis Laurens, AFG
- 6:55 – Q&A
- 7:05 – 2nd roundtable – Three Examples of Successful Research Programs, Conducted with Leading Asset Managers – Moderator Mr Jean-Louis Laurens
– Toulouse School of Economics Research Centre – Mrs Simone Sepe / Candriam – Mr Wim van Hyfte
– Dauphine House of Finance – Mr Serge Darolles / Unigestion – Mr Robert Kosowski
– EDHEC-Risk Institute Research Chairs – Mr Lionel Martellini / Amundi – Mrs Valérie Baudson
- 7:25 – Q&A
- 7:35 – Conclusion by Mr Jean-Baptiste Bernard, French Treasury, and Mr Pierre Bollon, AFG: Pointing to the « Welcome in Paris » set-up.
- 7:40 – Drinks reception