Jobs in the social housing sector: discover the new EDHEC NewGen Talent Centre study (in French)
In partnership with the Institut Hlm de la RSE and the Union sociale pour l’habitat, EDHEC's centre of expertise dedicated to the new generations has just published a study in French entitled "Mythes et réalités des métiers de l'habitat social" (oct. 2023). It was carried out by Geneviève Houriet-Segard and Manuelle Malot, respectively deputy director and director of the centre.
In the autumn of 2022, nearly 1,500 young employees of social housing organisations and students under the age of 30 responded to a major survey aimed at "better identifying their aspirations, the attractive features of the social housing sector and identifying how CSR approaches contribute to arousing their interest and commitment". At the same time, discussion groups were held with around ten young employees from the organisations.
This study, conducted by Geneviève Houriet-Segard and Manuelle Malot of the EDHEC NewGen Talent Centre, in partnership with the Institut Hlm de la RSE* and the Union sociale pour l’habitat, highlighted several key trends:
>> 88% of young employees in the Hlm movement say they work in a meaningful sector.
>> 72% of young employees believe that they make a useful and socially responsible contribution in their missions.
>> 73% of young employees see the raison d'être of the Hlm movement as a motivation to implement related actions.
>> 87% of young employees believe that developing their skills in social, societal and environmental issues would strengthen their commitment to their work.
>> More than 4 out of 5 young employees would recommend the social housing sector for a first job (85%).
The study, in French, "Mythes et réalités des métiers de l'habitat social", as well as other complementary resources, can be accessed directly below or on the pages of the NewGen Talent Centre and the Union sociale pour l'habitat:
- Download the complete study
- Read the 4-page synthesis
- Download the press release co-signed by the partner institutions
- Take a look at the video of Manuelle Malot's intervention at the 83th congress of the Union sociale pour l'habitat (3-5 October, Nantes)
* Institute created in 2012 by the Union sociale pour l'habitat and the HLM federations with the aim of promoting the development of CSR in HLM organisations, encouraging exchanges, disseminating good practice and organising dialogue with stakeholders - http://www.institut-hlm-rse.org/