World Forum for a responsible economy
AN ANNUAL EVENT GATHERING ALL ACTORS COMMITTED TO A WORLD RESPONSIBLE ECONOMY
With a 11 editions' overlook, the world forum for a responsible economy comes back again in Lille on October 16 to 18. 6,000 participants each year, more than 1,120 speakers from all over the world come to demonstrate that concrete and duplicable solutions exist to promote and develop a "responsible economy".
For EDHEC Business School, acting responsibly signifies being useful to society by delivering high impact . More precisely, EDHEC is engaged to act responsibly and that means:
- An applied and human-oriented research. As an exemple, producing and spreading smart beta indices, created thanks to the research of EDHEC Risk Institute. Corporate partners include top academic institutions such as Princeton University and Yale School of Management.
- Practical, directly useful to businesses and creating value, EDHEC research guides the largest institutions and companies in understanding global business – EDHEC Infrastructure Institute for long-term infrastructure, is a prime example.
- During the 2015 Paris Climate Conference, EDHEC SmartBeta launched ERI Scientific Beta Low Carbon Multi-Beta Multi- Strategy Indexes, a series of low carbon smart beta indices. The indices seek to reduce the carbon footprint of equity investments by as much as 75% while simultaneously being able to create more additional value in the medium term.
- Creating training programmes suited to the expectations of businesses that need responsible managers capable of managing complexity and anticipating change in the business world.
- Encouraging access to higher education for the largest number of people.
- Developing responsible campuses. EDHEC has always been a pioneer in encouraging student association activities on the School’s campuses. This approach engenders a plentiful array of initiatives in the fields of CSR (projects supporting schoolchildren in disadvantaged neighbourhoods, etc.) and the environment (around-the-world projects designed to identify and share best practices.