Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Based in Singapore
EDHEC Infrastructure Investment Institute, part of EDHEC Business School is looking for an Data Scientist reporting to the Institute’s Head of Data Analysis to assist in developing tools and models to structure unstructured data with the view of automating data collection processes.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of model pipeline tools to convert unstructured financial and textual data into structured data formats
- Liaise with the production team to implement and maintain the developed models.
- Providing ongoing analysis and commentary of the investment outlook of an infrastructure sector.
- Work closely with the Head of Data to develop other data products as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
This is an opportunity for a candidate with:
- 3-4 years professional experience
- Work experience in building and deploying applications and machine learning technology
- Familiar with different programming/statistics language
- Knowledge in big data processing framework and cloud services (e.g. Spark, MongoDB, AWS)
- Knowledge of the data collection methodologies and its tools in industry scenario (e.g. Prodigy, Amazon MTuck)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and applications (including image processing, natural language processing, Python, R, MySQL)
- Knowledge of XBRL/iXBRL is desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; Master - is a plus
- Data engineering certification (e.g. IBM) - is a plus
This is a full-time, on-going position.
Remuneration is competitive and includes a bonus for meeting performance objectives.
Attractive salary and bonus, healthcare and pension plan coverage. Flexible work is available, but with an expectation of a minimum three days in the office. The salary will be determined according to EDHEC's pay scale, the candidate's qualifications and experience.
EDHEC Infrastructure Investment Institute
About EDHEC Business School
EDHEC Business School, one of Europe’s leading business schools and a member of the select group of institutions worldwide to have earned all three international academic accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA). Since 2001, EDHEC Business School has been pursuing an ambitious policy in terms of international research. This policy, known as “Research for Business”, aims to make EDHEC an academic institution of reference for the industry in a small number of areas in which the school has reached critical mass in terms of expertise and research results.
About the EDHEC Infrastructure Investment Institute
EDHECinfra is a provider of market indices, benchmarks and valuation analytics for investors in unlisted infrastructure equity and private debt. Asset owners, asset managers, consultants and asset valuation professionals use our datasets, which tracks thousands of investments in 25 countries over the past 20 years. Our data is available on a quarterly basis for hundreds of analytics and on a monthly basis for 25 key market benchmarks
Attractive salary and bonus, healthcare and pension plan coverage.
A work permit is necessary.
Flexible work is available, but with an expectation of a minimum three days in the office.
To apply for this offer, please send a CV and a cover letter.
To know more about EDHECinfra: https://edhec.infrastructure.institute/mission