EDHEC Business School has strengthened its academic team by hiring 12 new professors from highly prestigious academic institutions such as the London Business School, HEC, Erasmus University Rotterdam and the Catholic University of Louvain. These new arrivals expand the number of professors at EDHEC to 156, a 42% increase on the 110 teaching faculty members in 2010.
“This wave of recruitment reflects the dynamism and strength of our School and is consistent with the ambitions set out in our EDHEC 2020 strategic plan”, explains Olivier Oger, Dean of EDHEC Business School, “It also underscores our intention to build research capability that has an impact on businesses and to transmit the associated knowledge to our students”
Christophe Roquilly, Associate Dean for Faculty and Research, underlines: “These 12 professors mirror our ambitions for EDHEC and its research, namely an internationally oriented faculty (10 different nationalities), exacting academic standards (all hold PhDs), a variety of knowledge (11 fields of expertise) and for the majority of professors, complementary non-academic and/or entrepreneurial experience.”
The following have been appointed professors at EDHEC Business School:
- Laurent Calvet, French, Professor of Finance, previously of HEC
- Yan Du, Belgian, Professor of Accounting, previously of IESEG
- Frank Fagan, American, Professor of Law, previously of the University of South Australia
- Clare Gately, Irish, Professor of Entrepreneurship, previously of the Waterford Institute of Technology, will co-manage the MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Martijn Jungst, Dutch, Professor of Management, previously of Maastricht University
- Karin Kollenz, Austrian, Professor of Strategy, previously of HEC, the London Business School and IAE Aix-en-Provence
- Julia Milner, German, Professor of Leadership, previously professor at Suzhou International Business School in China
- Claude Luce C. Pécheux, Belgian, Professor of Marketing, previously of the Catholic University of Louvain (Mons)
- Giacomo Valetta, Italian, Professor of Economics, previously of the Catholic University of Louvain
- Bastiaan Van Der Linden, Dutch, Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility, previously of Radboud University Nijmegen
- Gohar Stepanyan, Armenian, Professor of Corporate Finance, previously of the American University of Armenia
- Milos Vulanovic, Serbian, Professor of Corporate Finance, previously of the City University of Hong Kong.
- Laurent Calvet, 47, of French nationality, Professor of Finance, joins EDHEC Business School where he will be notably in charge of Performance Risk Analysis classes for the Master 1 year of the Financial Economics track and Empirical Methods classes for the PhD. He will also conduct research within the EDHEC Risk Institute. Laurent Calvet holds an engineering degree from Ecole Polytechnique and a PhD in Economics from Yale University. He was previously Professor-Researcher at HEC (2004-2016), John Loeb Associate Professor of Social Sciences at Harvard University (1998-2004) and Professor and Chair in Finance at Imperial College, London (2007-8). In 2006, he received the "Best Young Researcher" award from Le Monde and Europlace Institute of Finance. Along with Adlai Fisher, Laurent Calvet developed the Markov-switching multifractal model of financial volatility used by finance professionals to predict volatility, calculate value at risk (VaR) and fix prices of derivatives.
- Yan Du, 36, of Belgian nationality, Professor of Accounting, is to teach Financial Statement Analysis in the Master 1 year of the Business Management track, Cost Accounting and Management Control in the Master 1 year of the Financial Economics track and Accounting for Managers in the first years of the Global BBA. She will also participate in research conducted by the Family Business Centre. Yan Du holds a PhD in Applied Economics from Antwerp University in Belgium and was previously Professor-Assistant at IESEG. Her research primarily concerns management control and corporate governance.
- Frank Fagan, of American nationality is a Professor of Law. At EDHEC, he will teach classes in Law and Economics, Legal Environments & Business Decision Making, and IP Law. He will also join the LegalEDHEC research centre. Frank Fagan holds a PhD from the Erasmus University School of Law in Rotterdam and a Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh and was previously Professor-Researcher at the University of South Australia. He also published a book on provisional legislation in 2013. Frank Fagan has practised within the financial industry and as a lawyer.
- Clare Gately, 45, of Irish nationality, is to co-manage the MSc in Entrepreneurship alongside Jean-Michel Ledru, who also heads the EDHEC Young Entrepreneur incubator. She will be in charge of Business Development & Innovation in the Master 1 year of the Business Management track, as well as the Entrepreneurial Techniques module and individual coaching for the MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management. She will also teach the Lean Start-Up seminar for the Apprenticeship track, along with Entrepreneurship for the EMBA and the 4th year of the BBA. Clare Gately holds a PhD from Galway University and was previously professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at the Waterford Institute of Technology from 1996. She has also pursued an entrepreneurial career and set up the JoshCPD - CPD Management Solutions start-up in 2010.
- Martijn Jungst, 36, of Dutch nationality, is a Professor of Management. He will teach Business Development & Innovation, Cross Cultural Management, Human Resource Management and Project Management on the Master 1 year of the Business Management track, Change Management on the MSc in Strategy, Consulting & Digital Transformation and Strategic Management on the Apprenticeship Track. Martjin Jungst obtained a PhD from Maastricht University this March.
- Karin Kollenz, of Austrian nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Strategy. She will notably give classes in International Human Resources and Management to students specialising in Human Resources on the 4th year of the BBA and Leadership classes to all four years of the BBA. She will also teach executive education courses. Karin Kollenz was previously a Professor at IAE Aix-en-Provence and taught at HEC and the London Business School. Alongside her academic activities, Karin Kollenz co-founded the Telcoseminar start-up in 2009.
- Julia Milner, 35, of German nationality, is a Professor of Leadership. She was previously a professor at Suzhou International Business School in China. She will notably be in charges of classes in Marketing and Leadership for the MScs, in Organisation of Performance for the MSc in Strategy, Consulting & Digital Transformation and in Leadership & Management for the Global MBA.
- Claude Luce C. Pécheux, 44, of Belgian nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Marketing. She will teach Principles of Marketing to the first years of the BBA, and Brand Management and 360° Communication to the third year of the BBA. Claude Pécheux was previously a Professor at the Catholic University of Louvain (Mons) and the Louvain School of Management (LSM), a researcher in residence at the Conseil Supérieur de l’Audiovisuel (Brussels) and an academic member of the “Brands and Values” chair at University Paris 1.
- Giacomo Valetta, 40, of Italian nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Economics. He will teach classes in Industrial Economics and Microeconomics to Pre-Master year students and Business Economics to the first years of the BBA. He will also conduct research within the Legal EDHEC research centre. Giacomo Valetta holds a PhD in Mathematics from Bologna University and a PhD in Economics from the Catholic University of Louvain, where he taught for the previous six years.
- Bastiaan Van Der Linden, 39, of Dutch nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility. He will notably teach Corporate Social Responsibility to students on the Apprenticeship track, on the Master 1 year and on the third year of the BBA. Bastiaan Van Der Linden obtained a PhD from Radboud University Nijmegen where he subsequently taught.
- Gohar Stepanyan, 40, of Armenian nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Corporate Finance. She will notably be in charge of classes in Corporate Finance on the MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking and the MSc in Finance as well as classes in Finance for the first, third and fourth years of the BBA. Gohar Stepanyan holds a PhD in Management (Finance) from Purdue University in the USA and previously taught at the American University of Armenia, IESEG and the Catholic University of Lisbon.
- Milos Vulanovic, 43, of Serbian nationality, joins EDHEC Business School as Professor of Corporate Finance. He will notably teach Corporate Finance to Master 1 students, Advanced Corporate Finance on the MSc in Strategy, Consulting & Digital Transformation as well as Principles of Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance, Country Risk Analysis and Multinational Financial Management to BBA1, BBA3 and BBA4 students. Milos Vulanovic holds a PhD from Baruch College of the City University of New York where he taught. He has also worked at Western New England University based in Springfield, Massachusetts and the City University of Hong Kong.