EUROPEAN STUDENT DATA VIZ CHALLENGE 2022: FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
The European Student Data Viz Challenge Live Final will take place at the EDHEC Paris campus on Friday 17th June. With entries received from students studying at schools and universities from Belgium…
The European Student Data Viz Challenge Live Final will take place at the EDHEC Paris campus on Friday 17th June. With entries received from students studying at schools and universities from Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Italy, Spain and the UK , this year’s competition has been one of the most international and competitive yet.
On behalf of UNICEF, Tableau, Mazars and EDHEC, we would like to thank everyone who entered and supported the challenge, which is designed to promote the importance of data visualization, encourage the development of data-based decision making in future managers and support UNICEF mission. This year, students from 15 top European business schools & universities harnessed the power of data visualisation including MIP Politecnico di Milano, University of Warwick, EM Lyon, Skema, Leeds Beckett University, Technical University of Denmark, Dublin City University and of course, EDHEC Business School.
This year, the judges faced a particularly tough test due to the very high standard of entries, covering a wide range of social-impact topics from female genital mutilation, child mortality rates, child nutrition and education in Africa. Each entry was reviewed, assessed and scored based on a range of criteria (creativity, analytical depth and overall impact) with a total of 100 points available.
The 10 finalists will now meet in the live final, which will be held at EDHEC’s stunning Paris Opera campus, where they will each pitch their data viz to the judging panel and partners from Mazars, Tableau, EDHEC and UNICEF with the opportunity to win a range of prizes.
The overall winner will receive:
- 1 interview with UNICEF for a Data Visualization internship
- 1 individual coaching session with Mazars, to help prepare you for your future job applications and interviews, in the Mazars Paris office
- ‘DataViz and Pitch’ coaching session with a Mazars expert pre-final
- Complimentary ticket to the Paris Vivatech Conference 2022, offered by EDHEC
- Tableau Desktop Specialist exam voucher
- Travel Vouchers available on request
- EDHEC give aways
MEET THE EUROPEAN STUDENT DATA VIZ CHALLENGE 2022 FINALISTS
Below you can see a snapshot of each of the ten finalist entries and access the full data vizzes. You can also search direct on Tableau Public to see all of the 2022 challenge entries using the hashtag #Studentdataviz2022
- Filippo PISELLO: School Completion and its inequalities
- Viktoriia POLIAKOVA: The power of education to end FGM (female genital mutilation) practices
- Jiechao QUAN: Ajusted Net Attendance Rate
- Hugues RUBIN DE CERVENS: An African child’s journey to education
- Ashwin SHANKAR: Africa education completion rates
- Violette TISSOT: The impact of migrations for children around the world
We wish the 10 finalists the best of luck for the final and again would like to thank all the students, professors and partners for joining in with the 2022 Student Data Viz Challenge to #makeanimpact and #dogoodwithdata