March 20 & 21 - Register to the 16th Financial Risks International Forum
The Institut Louis Bachelier, in cooperation with the Fondation du Risque, the Europlace Institute of Finance and the Louis Bachelier "Finance and Sustainable Growth" Laboratory, is organizing in Paris its 16th Forum on "Finance & Society". Anja Duranovic, Emmanuel Jurczenko, Irene Monasterolo, Mirco Rubin and David Zerbib of the EDHEC Business School and/or of the EDHEC-Risk Climate Impact Institute will intervene or have their paper presented during these 2 days.
This year’s forum will focus on the theme “Finance & Society”, aiming to discuss the interactions between finance and society, and the contributions of financial innovations, regulation, green finance and financial technology to our society. Finance interacts with all parts of our daily lives, politics and the economy. Numerous economic theories have emphasized the crucial role played by the financial sector to our society: managing risks, allocating capital, providing price signals, reducing agency issues, benefitting economic development. But economists’ views are not necessarily shared by society at large and it is difficult to restore trust, despite advances in regulation and the development of sustainable finance.
This 16th edition is organized by the Institut Louis Bachelier, in cooperation with the Fondation du Risque, the Europlace Institute of Finance and the Louis Bachelier "Finance and Sustainable Growth" Laboratory.
- Venue: Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de la Région Paris Ile de France. 27, avenue de Friedland, 75008 Paris, France.
- Registration: online registration is compulsory via https://www.risks-forum.org/register.html
Our speakers and their papers
All along these 2 days, members of the EDHEC Finance community will intervene to present their research, and some will have their co-authors present their papers.
March 20, 2023
3 pm - 5 pm: Session "Physical Risks and Adaptation Finance"
- “Asset-Level Climate Physical Risk Assessment is Key for Adaptation Finance”. Giacomo Bressan* (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Anja Duranovic (EDHEC-Risk Climate), Irene Monasterolo (EDHEC, EDHEC-Risk Climate) and Stefano Battiston (University of Zurich). Discussant: Elsa Allman (Banque de France).
- “Climate Transition Spillovers and Sovereign Risks”. Irene Monasterolo* (EDHEC, EDHEC-Risk Climate), Régis Gourdel (WU Vienna) and Kevin Gallagher (Boston University). Discussant: David Zerbib (EDHEC, EDHEC-Risk Climate)
5.30 pm - 7 pm: Session "Investor's preference for ESG"
- “When Green Investors Are Green Consumers”. David Zerbib* (EDHEC, EDHEC-Risk Climate) and Maxime Sauzet (Boston University). Discussant: Paul Karehnke (ESCP).
March 21, 2023
2.15 pm - 3.30 pm: Session "Volatility and tail risk"
- “Tail Risk Systemic Factors”. Thomas Giroux* (CREST), Erwan Koch (EPFL), Christian-Yann Robert (ENSAE) and David Zerbib (EDHEC, EDHEC-Risk Climate)
4 pm - 6 pm: Session "Climate Risk of Portfolios"
- Chairman: Emmanuel Jurczenko (EDHEC)
- “Time-varying Environmental Alphas, Betas, and Latent Factors in Corporate Bonds”. Mirco Rubin* (EDHEC), Emanuele Chini (formely EDHEC-Risk Climate), Dario Ruzzi (Bank of Italy) and Salvatore Cardillo (Bank of Italy). Discussant: Thomas Giroux (CREST)
More about the members of EDHEC
EDHEC-Risk Climate Impact Institute Research Assistant
Director of EDHEC's Graduate Finance Programmes
Associate Professor, EDHEC Business School