Reimbursement procedure

The French National Health insurance covers up to 70% of the medical expenses in France (and in Europe).

We advise you to make sure you are treated by a state healthcare provider in France (médecin conventionné).

“Conventionné” practitioners can fall into one of the following categories:

  • Secteur 1: practitioners who charge the official social security rate.
  • Secteur 2: practitioners who charge an extra fee on top of the official rate (the extra fee will not be reimbursed by social security but your complementary insurance might cover them)

For your information, a GP consultation costs 25€ in France.


For European students - EHIC

You will usually have to pay for the whole cost of any medical care.

To claim the reimbursement, you must:

  • keep the receipts and prescriptions (photocopy them all for safe keeping)
  • send the originals to the local CPAM with a covering letter either in French or in English.

The covering letter should be entitled Demande de remboursement - régime EHIC.

  • include a copy of your EHIC card and your bank account details (IBAN and BIC/SWIFT) onto which you want to be reimbursed (ask your bank for details if needed).

If you do not have an EHIC card, you will need to contact your private insurance for reimbursement. In the event of hospitalization, check with your insurer.


For non-European students - French Health care system

IMPORTANT: To get reimbursed 70%, you must declare a French General Practitioner to the chosen reimbursement center (MEP, SMENO or LMDE). He will be your GP for the duration of your stay.

If you do not declare any GP during your stay in France, you will get a reimbursement equivalent to 30% instead of 70%.


So the first time you go to the doctor, bring this form with you and ask him to fill it in. He has to sign and stamp it.


Then when you first claim a reimbursement, you can send the form filled in by the doctor to your reimbursement center with other documents.


How does it work?


Without the carte vitale

At the end of your medical appointment, you pay the doctor.

The doctor will give you a medical form called “FEUILLE DE SOINS” (a statement of the treatment carried out):

To get reimbursed, you must send this form to your reimbursement center

Before sending the medical form, make sure you filled it in as explained above.

Also, if not done, you have to send the below documents to your reimbursement center.

  • Proof of social security enrolment received by EDHEC
  • Copy of your passport / ID card
  • Copy of your residence permit
  • Your French bank account details (RIB)
  • The form filled by your doctor DECLARATION DU MEDECIN TRAITANT
  • Birth certificate : copy of the original version + translation into French (ONLY if you apply for the Carte Vitale)


Where to send the documents:


Centre de gestion
CS 90027
59040 Lille cedex


CS 40042
13417 Marseille Cedex 08



35070 Rennes Cedex 09


With the carte vitale

You will still have to pay for medical expenses but you will not have to send the “feuille de soins” to be reimbursed as your reimbursement center will get the information electronically through the Carte Vitale. 

See Also

Sport at EDHEC, ready, steady, go!
- 09-07-2020
EDHEC and sport make a winning team. Pool, gym, dance room, fitness room, dojo or...
Redefinition of the teacher’s role, equal opportunities and digital transition: three upcoming challenges for higher education
- 09-07-2020
The New Frontiers of Higher Education EDHEC Business School conducted an international...
Interview with Alexandre Valenscak, President of the EDHEC International BBA Student Committee 2019-2020
- 09-07-2020
The Student Committee or Bureau Des Elèves (BDE) plays an essential role in student...
- 07-07-2020
Carole joined the Global MBA programme in September 2019 and has just finished her...