Written on 04 September 2012.
The creation of this centre is, above all, a return to tradition, as EDHEC was founded by family companies specialising in the textile industry. “The Family Business Centre is a symbol of the strong ties that have historically bound us to family companies,” notes Olivier Oger. “Ultimately, the opening of the Family Business Centre is only natural if one keeps in mind that family companies account for more than 50% of the global economy and 80% of companies in OECD countries. The creation of the Family Business Centre is the bond of this flourishing partnership with this important economic sector.”
The EDHEC Family Business Centre has the following objectives:
· To offer training and information sessions on the challenges family businesses pose in terms of governance, management, and succession
· To publish relevant research into matters deemed important by the EDHEC Family Business Centre
· To take on the role of a centre of discussion and exchange by organising conferences, holding international seminars, and publishing case studies and research
· To go on demonstrating its international vocation, by being based at once in Lille, Paris, and Singapore
· To create a Family Business Observatory as part of which the EHDEC Family Business Centre do international research and produce comparative studies
The Centre benefits from the commitment of a powerful network of founding members and partners: Somfy Group, Roquette, Deloitte, Caisse d’Epargne Nord France Europe, Oddo & Cie, and so on.
For more information, see the website www.edhec-family.fr