Written on 05 February 2013.
Roundtables involving leading industry representatives and regulators will address the following topics on Day One and Day Two of the conference:
Governance and Transparency of Indices:
• What level of transparency and accuracy do investors expect?
• What is needed, in terms of regulation, to improve the quality of indices?
• Presentation of a survey on the transparency and governance of international indices carried out by EDHEC-Risk Institute
How Should Pension Fund Management be Reformed in Europe? Beyond the New IORP Directive
• What are the academic questions raised by the European reform proposals?
• What are the problems posed by the likes of Solvency II in the pension fund universe?
• How to achieve an appropriate solvability approach for pensions?
The conference will also feature the latest EDHEC-Risk Institute research on a range of topics that are currently relevant for the financial industry. On the first day, the Indexation and Passive Investment Conference will focus on exploring enhanced index and optimal benchmark construction and look at new forms of indices and benchmarks not only for equities but also in the fixed-income and commodities universes. Results of an exclusive survey of European asset owners will highlight the latest trends in ETF usage and EDHEC-Risk will present a study on the essential components of liquidity in equity ETFs.
On the second day, the Global Institutional Investment Conference will present the results of EDHEC-Risk research on the construction of new liability-hedging portfolios for institutional investors, Solvency II, the convergence between long-only investment and hedge funds, new research on infrastructure investing, liability-hedging portfolios and risk allocation.
The conference will include the participation of Global Event Partners Amundi ETF, BNP Paribas Securities Services, Eaton Vance Investment Managers, Koris International, Lyxor Asset Management, Rothschild HDF Investment Solutions, ERI Scientific Beta and Theam; Gold Sponsors Ossiam and Russell Indexes; and Exhibitors CACEIS, Invesco Powershares, Moody’s Analytics, SIX Swiss Exchange and Source.
The event is structured to appeal to institutional investors, asset management professionals, policymakers and alternative investment managers.