Written on 06 May 2013.
Roundtables involving leading industry representatives and regulators will address the following topics on Day One and Day Two of the conference:
Governance and Transparency of Indices:
• What are the needs and expectations of investors with respect to the transparency and systematic character of indices?
• What is needed to improve the quality of indices and ensure investors can discharge their due diligence responsibilities?
• Presentation of a survey carried out by EDHEC-Risk Institute on the auditability and replicability of market and strategy indices.
Developing and Reforming Pension Systems in Asia
• The trajectory of pension systems in East Asia
• The state of pension regulation and management
• Efficient pension investment in Asia: Challenges, strategies and solutions
The conference will also feature the latest EDHEC-Risk Institute research on a range of topics that are currently relevant for the financial industry. On the first day, the Indexation and Passive Investment Conference will focus on exploring enhanced index and optimal benchmark construction and look at new forms of indices and benchmarks as well as discussing new trends in indexing vehicles. Results of exclusive indexing surveys will compare the latest usages of indices and investor perceptions in Asia, Europe and North America and EDHEC-Risk will present a study on the essential components of liquidity in equity ETFs.
On the second day, the Global Institutional Investment Conference will present the results of EDHEC-Risk research on new approaches to asset-liability management and dynamic asset allocation, the role of alternative investments and infrastructure assets in asset allocation as well as policy issues affecting capital markets and the fund management industry.
The conference will include the participation of Global Event Partners Deutsche Bank, Eaton Vance Investment Managers, ERI Scientific Beta, Lyxor Asset Management, SPDR ETFs and Threadneedle Investments; Silver Sponsors BNP Paribas Securities Services and BNP Paribas Investment Partners; and Exhibitors Amundi ETF, CACEIS Investor Services, Numerix and STOXX.
The event is structured to appeal to institutional investors, asset management professionals, policymakers and alternative investment managers.